Benjamin School Drama Club

All My Sons: Reviews and Reflections

American Heritage School’s Bailey Vergara

The lives of twenty-one fighter pilots lay at the feet of Joe Keller. The death of a beloved family member haunts his family and friends. Arthur Miller's All My Sons has always dealt with heart-wrenching themes of social responsibility, loss, and greed, but The Benjamin School gave new life to this classic through their excellent portrayal of two families broken apart by tragedy. This Am...

Cooper City High School’s Abby Goldberg

What happens when everything you thought you knew turns out to be a lie? What happens when it's impossible to differentiate between what's real and what isn't? The Benjamin School's production of "All My Sons" did a magnificent job telling the gripping story of the Keller family and their journey through love and loss, shame and pride, and the unraveling of truths. Written in 1946 by Arthur Miller, ...

Cooper City High School’s Christina Caride

"A father is a father." When focusing upon the balance between family sacrifices and personal morality, even the most devoted individuals slip through the cracks of how twisted the American dream can become. The Benjamin School's production of "All My Sons" reflects upon what it means to provide and how much someone will sacrifice to be seen as a good person. Based upon a true story, "All My...

Cooper City High School’s Nicholas Diraviam

Though set in an ordinary, relatable American town, the production of "All My Sons" at The Benjamin School employed realistic relationships and authentic acting to make an experience that was nothing less than extraordinary. This play illustrated Arthur Miller's message about the big American Dream vividly by displaying the small American people whom it hurts. The Tragedy by Arthur Miller s...

Monarch High School’s Isabella Le Sante

The Benjamins School's production of All My Sons is a heavy show that you'll feel long after you leave the theatre. It does leave its mark with its mature subject matter. The play covers the importance of honesty and how your actions could affect those closest to you. So, fasten your seatbelts and prepare for take-off as we explain a story full of heart, sadness, and dealing with loss. Base...

Monarch High School’s Melina Gyftopoulos

Everyone can point out major issues in the world today. From the economy, the environment, to what is said behind closed doors, even what the neighbors are gossiping about daily. People had seemed to forget that their own problems can erupt when the truth is hidden and not pointed out. This seemed to be the case for a family living in the small-town suburbs, where they couldn't seem to escape th...

Monarch High School’s Tommaso Randis

When we think about our loved ones we never see darkness in them, and we are oftentimes blinded by their bright side, but many of us forget that anyone is capable of unimaginable things. Benjamin's school production of "All My Sons" tragically depicted the story of the Keller family through sorrow and emotional interactions showing the cruelty of the human nature. This dramatic play written by A...

Saint Thomas Aquinas High School’s Deanna Wallace

God does not let a son be killed by his father. In the world of 1940's America, however, God may lie. The Benjamin School recently produced Arthur Miller's play All My Sons. This three-act play revolves around the Keller family, with each member going through the grieving process of their son and older brother, Larry Keller. Despite it being three years since his disappearance, Larry is never officially ...

Saint Thomas Aquinas High School’s Patrick Chapman

The Benjamin School presents All My Sons: An American Tragedy by Arthur Miller follows Joe Keller as he struggles with his actions that led to the death of his son, Larry. His wife, Kate, is in denial over his death, believing that after three years Larry may still come back, denying his death because she believes that Joe couldn't have possibly caused his death. Their other son, Chris, tries to...

West Boca Raton High’s Erin Nadel

While Arthur Miller is known to have mature, challenging plays to overcome, students at The Benjamin School did not get discouraged or disappoint the audience! Their interpretation of All My Sons left not a dry eye in the house and not a jaw left un-dropped. All My Sons, which premiered on Broadway in 1947, is one of Arthur Miller's, classic American playwright, best and most well-known w...

West Boca Raton High’s Jianna Marino

If you are looking for a show with raw, genuine emotion that may cause a heartbreak, this show is for you. All My Sons is a tragic play written by Arthur Miller. This play was written in 1946 and is based on a true story. The story was told with dark secrets, mystery, and denial that left the audience on the edge of their seats. Starting off, Jacob Steinger was phenomenal in the role of ...

West Boca Raton High’s Marcos Ortiz

All My Sons takes us back to the life of the Kellers in New England in 1946. This play was written by Arthur Miller and is based on a true story that Miller's mother-in-law at the time pointed out to him in an Ohio newspaper. The newspaper story described the Wright Aeronautical Corporation based in Ohio, conspired with army inspection officers to allow faulty aircraft engines meant for military...

West Boca Raton High’s Mikaylah Obrien

The show, "All My Sons" presented by The Benjamin School, transported us back to the time period of 1947 after World War Two. In World War Two, many innocent lives were lost and this show shared how the war had an effect on people. We are shown the lives of the Kellers and how they face a plethora of conflicts. This play was written by Arthur Miller and was published and performed in 1947. Thi...

West Boca Raton High’s Samantha Denney

In the award-winning play All My Sons, Arthur Miller paints a picture of the Keller family's complicated past of lies and loss, which unravel by the second. In post-war New England, the featured family includes Joe, Kate, and Chris Keller, and their deceased son, Larry. Kate is unable to accept the truth that her son has died, so when his past sweetheart shows up to marry the remaining Keller...

The Pharcyte • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Pharcyte Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *