B Block

B Block

Athletic Fellowship Club

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Kresser

Student Leader(s);

A club for student-athletes to be involved in the community to lead by example through acts of kindness and inclusion. The AFC is a place where student-athletes can make a difference in their community and build meaningful relationships with students, coaches, special needs students, and organizations that help the underprivileged.

Bucmates

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Smith

Student Leader(s);

Buc Mates works on breaking the barrier between the lower, middle, and upper campuses. We would like to create events where the upper school students can create more connections with the younger students to encourage the Benjamin Family.

Cancer Awareness Club

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Ditaranto

Student Leader(s);

The purpose of this club is to show awareness to those who have suffered from breast cancer, and to educate others on this serious disease. In the Breast Cancer Awareness Club we will also raise money to donate to foundations focused on breast cancer research. Club activities would consist of making decorations like ribbons and pins during clubs meetings. This will help raise money to donate to Breast Cancer Research foundations. Our club members would also participate in events like the Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk. We will also attend other activities that help promote the awareness of breast cancer.

Chinese Club

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Cohen

Student Leader(s);

The club centers around the diverse and historical aspects of Chinese while providing a celebration of culture for the Chinese population at the school. We organize trivia competitions, Chinese games, Chinese sports, and celebration of Chinese holidays. The combination of fun and culture is beneficial to the school community. The Chinese club has also historically been heavily involved in community service, specifically the Quantum House, and these community based ideas will continue in the club.

Classics and Military History Club

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Franzen

Student Leader(s);

The Classics & Military History Club provides an intellectually vibrant space to learn about the art, literature, culture, and history of the Greek and Roman classical era. Activities center around analyzing original works and viewing modern interpretations in the form of theater and film. Examples of weekly topics for discussion include philosophers, poetry, and mythology. We will also discuss the important military battles that have shaped history. We will discuss the strategies used and the significance of those Battles. No previous knowledge is expected, all levels encouraged!

Fishing Club

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Jacobsen

Student Leader(s);

Students gather near our lake to learn how to tie fishing knots, bait hooks, cast, and take fish off a line. Salt water expeditions are a goal of the club.

Future Business Leaders of America
    Future Business Leaders of America

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Wik

Student Leader(s);

FBLA of The Benjamin School teaches students about various business topics. Benjamin students participate in events which will help them understand and learn about business. We will compete in events that are listed on the FBLA website and help educate and teach the people that participate in the club about business.

Harvard Model Congress

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Rubiano

Student Leader(s);

HMC is the premier government simulation conference for high school students. We have five annual conferences located around the world, all of which are organized and staffed entirely by our dedicated team of Harvard undergraduates.

Jewish Student Union

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Goldberg

Student Leader(s);

We bring Jewish culture and activities to Benjamin with trivia, discussions and celebrations around the Jewish holidays. All are welcome.

Junior State of America
    Junior State of America

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Linehan

Student Leader(s);

A national student led and run organization to promote active participation in high school students to be engaged in the democratic society. Empowers youth to be future leaders in a growing and diverse society.

Morgans Message
    Morgan’s Message

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Ballard

Student Leader(s);

The purpose of this club to advocate for student- athlete mental health, becoming a safe space for anyone to talk about any mental stresses. We will work to have regular meetings, sponsoring, and work with sports events. Please visit: https://www.morgansmessage.org/

National Honor Society

Faculty Advisor; Ms. Misselhorn

Student Leader(s);

The National Honor Society (NHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921

Prom Committee
    Prom Committee

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Donnelly

Student Leader(s);

Raise funds and plan the year’s Junior/Senior prom. Only open to Juniors.

SAGA
    SAGA

Faculty Advisors; Mrs. Guzman & Mrs. Wright

Student Leader(s);

Sexuality and Gender Alliance

Space and Astronomy Club

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Cramer

Student Leader(s);

The overall purpose of the club is to discuss and learn about space and astronomy. We will watch documentaries and movies on NASA and space exploration. We will also discuss the current events involving space exploration.

Jazz Club

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Austin

Student Leader(s);

Jazz Band is a student musical group focused on jazz and swing music. Students collaborate, program, rehearse, and perform together as a small ensemble at events large and small throughout the school year. Brass, Woodwind, percussion, and vocals are welcome!

Sunshine Club
    Sunshine Club

Faculty Advisor; Sra Tejera-Mede

Student Leader(s);