D Block

Girls Who Code

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Soviero

Student Leader(s);

Through several different projects we will explore App Development. Regardless of experience, our club meetings will be open to all, and if experience is limited your project will be adapted accordingly. An example of one of these projects could be to develop a calculator app from scratch and even building the UI (User Interface).

Benjamin Buddies
    Benjamin Buddies

Faculty Advisor: Mrs. Pierman

Student Leader(s):
    Co-presidents: Adam Mahmoud and RJ Pierman, and Elinor Samarias (secretary)

We have a relationship with The Learning Center, part of the ELS school. Our friends, who all have disabilities (typically high functioning autism), come and have lunch with us once a month. We also put on a dance event for Halloween, and they come to the football games and performances.

Here is a link to photos from this year for Buddies – currently from our first lunch a few weeks ago.

BucTank
    BucTank

Faculty Advisor: Mr. Wik

Student Leader(s):
    Owen Rinehart  – President
    Luke Leonard – Co-Vice President
    Wes LaBanz – Chairman

BucTank has two main goals 1. To introduce students to entrepreneurship, nurturing ideas and educating them on how to turn an idea into a business 2. To connect Benjamin students who are interested in entrepreneurship to local business owners or Benjamin alumni who are willing to provide insight/ advice on what it takes to actually build a business from the ground up.

Diversity Council

Faculty Advisors; Mrs. Mays & Sra Gustafson

Student Leader(s);

The aim of the Diversity Club is to bring those groups together to make our school a better, friendlier, safer place for all of our students. We have many different groups: men and women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans and Indians, LGBTQ, the list could go on.

Drama Club
    Drama Club

Faculty Advisors; Sra Salivar & Mr. Peck

Student Leader(s);

The DC produces 4 mainstage productions a year: fall play (film) in November, Variety Show in January, One Act plays in February/March and spring musical in April. We also attend regional and hopefully state competition with the Thespian Society.

Environmental Club
    Environmental Club

Faculty Advisors; Mrs. Ballard & Mrs. Solomon

Student Leader(s);

The Environmental Club is a group of students that come together over their interests in exploring the outdoors, maintaining the health and beauty of our local ecosystems, as well as educating our peers about environmental conservation. The club does beach cleanups on the weekend about twice a semester. We do an earth day message or assembly on earth day, and we typically have one project or ambition to work on during the year whether it’s starting a school garden or researching biodegradable plastics for restaurants.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Hunt

Student Leader(s);

The purpose of this club is an opportunity for student-athletes at TBS to strengthen and develop their relationships with Christ. All students are welcome.

Gifts of Gratitude

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. McGrath

Student Leader(s);

The purpose of this club is to expand on the donations being made to the healthcare workers at Good Samaritan Hospital since the outset of the COVID pandemic. The club works to package goodie bags, write notes of gratitude, and make sure that our healthcare workers are appreciated.

Pickelball Club
    Pickelball Club

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Steiner

Student Leader(s);

We will play and learn pickleball on the tennis courts. All experience levels are welcome.

Red Cross Club
    Red Cross Club

Faculty Advisors; Mrs. Anderson & Mrs. Wendler

Student Leader(s);

Students write greeting cards for soldiers and make no sew blankets for hospitals. Students also host semi-annual blood drives.

Sports Analytics Club

Faculty Advisor; Mr. Cramer

Student Leader(s);

Normal club activities including fun quizzes on which players are underrated in certain sports, diving into the world of sports management, and how agents choose players, and how contracts are made, and through leagues in which students pick players in fantasy leagues in order to see who can make the best teams. We also want to understand how to interpret stats of players in order to understand player efficiency. This helps with statistics and goes into the subject of sports management.

St. Jude Club
    St. Jude Club

Faculty Advisor; Ms. Szeliga

Student Leader(s);

We would brainstorm ways that Benjamin could become involved in raising money for children with cancer. This could include, organizing drives for hospital necessities, a bake sale, or raising money during sports events. During club meetings we would brainstorm ways to get the school involved in cancer fundraising, maybe make blankets for hospital patients, or write cards to the kids at the hospital. Most of the club meetings would be organizational.

SWATT
    SWATT

Faculty Advisor; Sra Tejera-Mede

Student Leader(s);

Students With the Ability To Tutor is a club that helps other students with academics in all subjects

YMUN
    YMUN

Faculty Advisor; Ms. Misselhorn

Student Leader(s);

YMUN aims to empower students from high schools around the globe through deep and active engagement with complex global issues. At YMUN, delegates develop skills in diplomacy, cooperation, and critical thinking that motivate lifelong global citizenship. Delegates leave YMUN with the knowledge that they can make an impact and affect positive change in the world.

Drum Line

Faculty Advisor; Mrs. Austin

Student Leader(s);

The Drum Line builds community and promotes school spirit with performances at home football games, special assemblies, and multiple events throughout the year. We operate as a team, with all parts and all players equally important to our success. It helps if you can read music at least a little, but no prior musical experience necessary. We practice during Community Block D as a group, with individual practice on your own time. Performances are fun and, while not the goal, can get loud!