The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News
  • April 29Boys and Girls Varsity Track are District Champs!

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Lattes Are So Last Year

Senior Editor Visits Three Eateries To Find So-Flo’s Sweetest Treats
Matt Marasco
Jeremiahs had the best ice cream out of the three places tried during this review. Pictured is the chocolate soft serve with sea-salted caramel gelato and Oreo mix in.

As Florida continues to be as humid as ever in early fall, there’s nothing better to do than grab a sweet treat at some of the best ice cream shops in Palm Beach Gardens.

Jeremiahs Italian Ice-

11602 US-1 | Palm Beach Gardens | Florida | 33408- 

1 pm-10 pm every day

Located on the corner of US-1 and PGA Blvd., Jermiahs offers a variety of flavors and consistencies, Italian ice, gelato, and soft ice cream. The variety of options allows the customer to choose exactly what they want and can even layer it. In my experience, I tried the chocolate soft serve with sea-salted caramel gelato and Oreo mixed in and it was even better than I expected. The price was $6.90 for the medium size. The creamy ice cream with the crunch of Italian ice was some of the best I have ever tasted. The toppings were also very generous as there were enough Oreos throughout the cup and not just on the top. The vibe of Jermiahs was also great as they included inside and outside seating which many customers took advantage of. Overall, the whole experience was great and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting something sweet.

Bahama Bucks-

1209 Main Street, Suite 116, Jupiter, FL 33458

12 pm- 10 pm weekdays

11 am- 11 pm weekends

A staple in the sweet treat industry around Palm Beach Gardens, Bahama Bucks is located in Downtown Abacoa, offers a variety of shaved ice flavors. The flavors range from a birthday party to a natural mango flavor. I tried the birthday party which was a birthday cake flavor with tropic creme and party sprinkles. The price was $7.20 for a medium size. The presentation of the shaved ice was beautifully done and the taste was just as good. The creme added a change in consistency which only added to the birthday party taste. The only knock I had on this treat was that the flavor dulled out as I kept eating. As Bahama Bucks is only located 1.6 miles away from the Benjamin Upper School, it would be a fun idea for seniors to sign out and enjoy some shaved ice during their study hall.

Sunset Slush-

4300 US Hwy 1, Suite 205, Jupiter, FL 33477

12 pm- 8 pm every day

Located in Bluffs Plaza across from Juno Beach, Sunset Slush offers Italian ice in one flavor and combinations of flavors. I tried the Banana Split flavor and it was very disappointing. The price was $6.20 for a small size. The blend of flavors did not live up to expectations as the banana and chocolate mixed to make a terrible taste that would not leave my taste buds. Although the presentation was top-tier, it quickly turned into slush and tasted almost like cough syrup. There always is the possibility that I did not get the right flavor, so I will definitely try to go back and try something different. Overall I was very disappointed as the location, right next to the beach access, would give hot beachgoers a chance to cool down after a fun day.

There are plenty of ice cream shops around the area to satisfy a sweet tooth. In my opinion, the best would be Jermiahs followed by Bahama Bucks, and lastly Sunset Slush.