The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News
  • May 11Boys Varsity Lacrosse are the 2024 FHSAA 1A State Champions!!!
  • May 9Boys Track Won 3 Straight State Championships!!!

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Benjamin Upper School Prom 2024: A Night of Success, Fun, and Memories

All of the seniors pose for a picture at prom.

On Saturday, Apr. 13 the Benjamin Upper Schools prom was hosted at Loggerhead Marina located in Palm Beach Gardens. The prom lasted from 8 p.m. to approximately 10:30 p.m. when the prom king and queen were crowned. This year, as students entered, they were breathalyzed to make sure they adhered to the drug and alcohol policy. 

The prom committee led by juniors Mikayla Scotto, Easley Hughes, and Angelena Townsend believed that prom was a huge success. The hard work they put into their fundraisers such as dress-down days was the main reason prom went smoothly this year. Even though organizing prom takes a lot of work, the committee believes that it was still very fun.

“My favorite part of organizing prom was being able to work closely with my friends to plan our dream night. I especially loved coming up with the theme as we all came up with our own ideas and then presented them so it ended up being a blend of everyone’s ideas,” said Hughes.

This year’s prom king was senior Luke Wise and the prom queen was senior Gianna Demerski.

“It was really special winning prom queen because as a kid I always looked forward to going to prom and prom queen is something most little girls dream about. Winning with Luke was also a really memorable moment. I’m glad we got to experience something so exciting together,” said Demerski.

After students sat down, most went to eat from the buffet consisting of sliders, macaroni and cheese bites, sushi, pizza, and other various food items. Around 9:15 pm most students started enjoying the dance floor.

“I think one of the most fun things about prom is dancing with your friends and your date. My favorite dance move this year was the sprinkler which I think everyone loved,” said senior Christian Smith.

The prom committee introduced a new activity during the dance this year. A selfie scavenger hunt that consisted of 20 pictures. The activity was meant to keep students entertained who did not want to be dancing. Many students rushed to get their pictures to try and complete the challenge first including senior Hayley Womble.

“I got second in the selfie scavenger hunt, unfortunately. It actually made my time at prom go a lot faster and was a bunch of fun. I definitely liked the idea,” exclaimed Womble.

Ms. Donnelly, the prom advisor, spent countless hours organizing prom and believes it is a fundamental part of the school year.

As prom is one of the school events that juniors and seniors look forward to each year, it is always celebrated when it is as successful as it was this year.