The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News
  • May 11Boys Varsity Lacrosse are the 2024 FHSAA 1A State Champions!!!
  • May 9Boys Track Won 3 Straight State Championships!!!

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Surf, Sun’s Up: Senior Sunrise

Members of the Class of 2024 woke up early during the last Monday of classes in order to welcome in their last week with a beachside sunrise celebration in Juno. The group shared donuts, entered the surf, and reflected on their Benja- min experiences.

On Monday, April 29 2024, the class of 2024 went to Juno Beach to celebrate their last week of school. It was a morning full of swimming, food, and memories.

The morning started at 6:30 a.m to watch the sunrise together as a class. Senior Maggie Smith brought donuts for everyone to share, “I brought donuts for everyone to share and so we could have a fun time!” says Smith.

Senior, Andrew Lappin says, “It was a nice way to start our last week of school, being with my friends watching the beautiful sunrise.”

Smith says, “It was really fun and it was so nice to see the entire grade together.” Getting together as a grade once again before the final week of school is such a great experience for everyone.

Watching the sunrise, eating donuts, and taking pictures together are all fun, but going swimming is fun too. “I went swimming because it was such a pretty morning and it was so refreshing,” says senior Savannah Maynard.

If students did not want to swim, most took photos with their friends for memories and Instagram posts, “I wore my college hoodie and took photos with my friends. It was such a nice and peaceful time,” says senior Grace Havlicek.

The seniors will be missed, and their leadership, spirit, and memories will always be remembered at Benjamin. The Senior Sunrise was a great way to start their last week of high school, and something they all will remember.