The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Executive Assistant Recognized for Excellence

Mrs. Badolati wins All-School award
Mrs. Badolati, winner of the Excellence in Service Award, was given various plaques for her accomplishment.

On Aug. 9, at the annual faculty back-to-school ceremony and meeting in Benjamin Hall, Mrs. Lisa Badolati, Administrative Assistant to the Head of the Upper School, won the school’s Bank of America Excellence in Service Award. The award was presented by Head of Upper School Mr. Fletcher Carr, who, along with many other faculty members, agrees that Mrs. Badolati is most deserving of this yearly award. 

The Bank of America Excellence in Service Award is awarded to the Benjamin staff member for his or her outstanding performance and exceptional commitment to the school and the community within. This award acknowledges various different service-based aspects and accomplishments of the winner.

Mr. Carr explained, “The Service Award is presented every year to a member of the non-teaching faculty who goes above and beyond for the school and its constituents. The award rotates between the three divisions, Lower, Middle, and Upper School. Division heads, the Head of School, and members of the all-school administrative team ultimately choose a recipient from a strong pool each year. This year, we were thrilled to present it to Mrs. Badolati.” 

Mrs. Badolati was not expecting to receive this distinguished award, and her surprised reaction proved just that. While celebrated by her fellow faculty members, she was overcome with pride and joy.

“I was so shocked. Each person that gives the speech about the person they’re giving it to gives subtle clues, and I was just going along with it not realizing it was for me” said Mrs. Badolati, “Once I realized that my name was called, if you could have seen my face…I was really shocked and so thankful.” 

While the award itself is service and community based, the individual winner must show certain characteristics and commitment to The Benjamin School. 

“It was fantastic,  incredibly well-deserved for all she does. She really is the face of the Upper School, the very important first point of contact for both visitors and community members”, said Mr. Carr. “She juggles an incredible range of daily responsibilities and does it with so much energy, kindness, and patience. She is a treasure, so it was great to present the award to her.” 

Teachers, administrators, and coaches on both campuses believe that Mrs. Badolati continues to prove just why she was awarded this acknowledgment. Her contribution and care for this community are not ignored by the faculty she is surrounded by. 

Mrs. Marina Gasparini, a substitute teacher shared, “She basically holds this school together; she is the glue. Everything goes through her, she organizes everything, helps the kids and teachers, and helps the administration. So, she is quite literally the glue that holds us all together.” 

Mrs. Badolati realizes how hard she works for the school, and appreciates the fact that she was appreciated publicly for that work. 

“I was fortunate enough to win it [the award] this year for, what I’ve been told, is my work ethic and my helping of others,” said Mrs. Badolati. 

Congratulations, Mrs. Badolati!