The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Amaree Williams Reclasses to the Class of 2024

A+graphic+edit+made+by+Hayes+Fawcett+features+the+logos+of+Williams+final+thirteen+choices+to+continue+his+football+career.+
Hayes Fawcett
A graphic edit made by Hayes Fawcett features the logos of Williams final thirteen choices to continue his football career.

There are around one million high school football players on sixteen thousand teams across the United States and only a few are considered the best in the nation. Amaree Williams, a senior, is one of these few.  He is a top high school football recruit who recently announced that he is reclassifying to the class of 2024 from the class of 2025. 

Williams is a high four-star recruit and the #6 ranked athlete in the nation according to 247 Sports Composite Ranking. He has been getting national attention from media sources, college recruiters, and the entire Benjamin community due to his level of talent. 

Williams poses on his photoshoot at his official visit to FSU on 12/15/23.

“I like getting all the national attention, but in my opinion, I have been very humble about it. I find it very cool that I am reclassing but it is a lot of work because I have to take a lot of classes. I think I am the first person to ever reclass at Benjamin in my case scenario,” said Williams.

He has narrowed down his college commitment to thirteen schools; the University of Georgia, the University of Florida, the University of Miami, the University of Michigan, the University of Alabama, the University of Tennesse, the University of Oregon, the University of South Carolina, the University of Southern California, Florida State University, the University of Kentucky, Penn State University, and the University of Texas.

Amaree Williams poses for a photo on his unofficial visit to USC on November 4th, 2023.

“I have a general idea of where I want to go and I am going to make my decision on February 3rd. My big goal is to make the NFL at the end of the day,” Williams mentioned. 

After taking his first official visit on December 15th, many people started to think that Williams would join the Florida State Seminoles in the fall of 2024, following in the footsteps of Benjamin alum, Jordan Travis ‘18, who declared for the 2024 NFL Draft. Steve Wiltfong, the Director of Football Recruiting for 247 Sports, and Zach Blostein, a contributor for Noles 247, predicted that Williams would sign with the Florida State Seminoles for the fall of 2024. 

It is very rare for students at The Benjamin School to reclass, Mr. Fletcher Carr, Head of the Upper School stated. 

He also shared, “In my eight years of working here, Amaree is the only student to reclass. We had a feeling that Chauncey Bowens ‘24 was going to graduate a semester early so we were prepared. Kaiir Elam ‘19 left school after the senior’s last day,” said Carr. 

“It is very rare to have a student reclass. I think that there are a couple of students at Benjamin that are sophomores that could possibly reclass,” Williams added. 

Williams clearly has shown that he is ready to go to college academically and athletically. It took a lot of work from him and The Benjamin School community, but he is going to be graduating as a senior this upcoming May.