The Virtual Hub for the Media of the The Benjamin School's Upper School

The Pharcyte

Breaking News

The Pharcyte

The Pharcyte

Polls

Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

• Chiefs (67%, 2 Votes)
  • 49ers (33%, 1 Votes)
  • Taylor Swift (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 3

Loading ... Loading ...

Homecoming Game Preview

Quarterback Jayden Vega completes a pass to Senior Jacob Cosby-Mosely in a high intensity practice before the game to prep for Ed White

A “sea of pink” takes over Theofilos Field on Friday, Oct. 27 when Benjamin takes on Ed White for this year’s homecoming game. This is not a game that the Buccaneers can take lightly as Ed White has won four of their last six games, and holds a winning record of four wins and three losses.

Though Coach Kresser has not looked at this matchup due to a couple of games before this contest, Ed White is a solid team that has consistently put up double-digit points. Before losing to Fletcher, they scored over 20 points in five of their first six games. The school is based in Jacksonville, so they have not played any teams outside of that area.

Senior quarterback from Ed White, Jaylen Pettway, has over a thousand passing yards this year with 11 passing touchdowns. He is averaging over 200 yards per game passing and 15.5 yards per game rushing. Tony Williams, wide receiver and middle linebacker from Ed White, leads his team in interceptions and rushing touchdowns. His presence on the field will definitely be looked at and shown as a threat to the Benjamin team.

Sophomore Phoenix Donghia has started to spotlight his talents on the field behind star running back Chauncey Bowens.

“The homecoming game is going to be really fun because I always like playing at home, and everyone always goes to the homecoming games. This game is also important because we need to win out to get a higher seeding in playoffs” mentions Donghia.

Junior Jayden Vega has taken over the team and become a leader as the star quarterback of this thriving Benjamin team.

“Ed White is a big matchup for us because we can not take any team lightly before playoffs. This year’s homecoming game has a lot of anticipation especially because almost the whole school will be at the game” says Vega.

Wide Receiver Jacob Cosby-Mosely has been having a tremendous senior season and will be taking his talents to Wake Forest in Fall 2024.

“Last year, we won our homecoming game by over 70 points, so I want to repeat that again this year. We have played really well this season, and I hope we stay solid for the rest of the season, especially for our homecoming game” adds Cosby-Mosely.

Following the Friday night football game is the homecoming dance that will hopefully consist of celebrating a big win the night before.